World

Las Vegas shooting: Queen & Prince Philip send condolences to victims of ‘terrible attack’

The Queen and Prince Philip.

The Royals described the event as a “terrible attack”

The Royals described the event as a “terrible attack” in a message to US President Donald Trump.

The Queen said: "Prince Philip and I were saddened to learn of the terrible attack in Las Vegas.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families and those who have been injured."

The Queen and Prince Philip join a deluge of condolences offered to the US after the deadly shooting.

Related articles

Theresa May echoed the sentiment of the Royals by labelling the attack as “appalling”.

She added: “The UK's thoughts are with the victims and the emergency services.”

Vladimir Putin also shared his thoughts on the attack.

He stated: “This crime which killed tens of peaceful citizens is shocking in its cruelty.”

58 dead in Las Vegas mass shooting

Mon, October 2, 2017

More than 58 people were killed and at least 515 injured when a crazed gunman opened fire on a country music festival in Las Vegas.




Play slideshow

People run from the Route 91 Harvest country music festival after apparent gun fire was heard . Images

1 of 28

People run from the Route 91 Harvest country music festival after gun fire was heard

.

Recently re-elected German Chancellor Angela Merkel also said: “I was shocked by the news from Las Vegas. Our sympathy and condolences go to the relatives and families of the victims.”

Pope Francis offered further condolences by stating he was: “Deeply saddened to learn of the shooting in Las Vegas, Pope Francis sends the assurance of his spiritual closeness to all those affected by this senseless tragedy.”

At least 59 people were killed and 527 were injured in the 72-minute shooting that targeted those attending a Jason Aldean country music show along the Las Vegas Strip.

The shooter, Stephen Paddock, 64, had as many as 10 guns, including automatic weapons that were used from his room on the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel to target the 22,000 people attending the concert.

Las Vegas shooting.

At least 59 people were killed and 527 were injured in the 72-minute shooting

Las Vegas shooting.

The attack is deadliest mass shooting in modern US history

It took police an hour and 12 minutes from the first 911 call reporting the incident to locate Mr Paddock.

Once police breached the shooter’s room on the 32nd floor, the 64-year-old had already committed suicide.

The first shots were fired at 10.08pm PT (06.08 GMT) – the attack is deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.

Related articles

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close
%d bloggers like this: