The new DOTA 2 7.07 update is now live on Steam
UPDATE ONE: The new DOTA 2 7.07 update is now live to download on Steam and weighs in at around 1.8GB.
The latest patch from Valve includes a lot of new gameplay changes, which can be found at the bottom of the article.
There's also two new heroes – Donte Panlin, the Pangolier and Mireska Sunbreeze, the Dark Willow.
- SWASHBUCKLE: Pangolier dashes to a new position, assaulting enemies in the target direction with multiple quick thrusts, dealing physical damage and apply on hit effects.
- SHIELD CRASH: Pangolier jumps in the air and slams back to the ground. Enemies around him are damaged and grant him temporary damage reduction the more heroes he hits.
- HEARTPIERCER: Pangolier reads his enemies perfectly, deftly slipping his blade past defenses to give his attacks a chance to slow the target and fully negate enemy armor after a short delay.
- ROLLING THUNDER: Pangolier curls into a magic-immune ball and thunders forward, damaging and stunning any enemies he hits. Shield Crash can also be used while this ability is active to jump over obstacles. Has a brief channeling period.
DARK WILLOW ABILITIES:
- BRAMBLE MAZE: Dark Willow creates a maze of brambles that latch onto enemies who walk into a thicket, damaging them and applying a root.
- SHADOW REALM: Dark Willow recedes into the Shadow Realm, becoming untargetable and gaining increasing bonus magic damage for her next attack the longer she remains in the shadows.
- CURSED CROWN: Dark Willow bestows a cursed fae crown upon an enemy. After a four second delay, the target and any other enemies nearby are stunned
- BEDLAM: Dark Willow's companion Jex circles around her, dealing damage to nearby enemies. Cannot be used while Terrorize is active.
- TERRORIZE: Dark Willow's companion Jex strikes fear into her enemies, causing them to run towards their home fountain. Cannot be used while Bedlam is active.
More on the new Dota 2 update, including matchmaking rating system changes and the introduction of the new Turbo Mode, can be found below.
The new DOTA 2 update including the new Dueling Fates heroes arrives soon
ORIGINAL: The new Dota 2 update was revealed fully today on Steam, with the official patch notes confirming big changes.
November 1 will see the launch of the new Dota 2 7.07 tweaks, including two additional heroes to try out.
These include Dark Willow & Pangolier, which both come with their own detailed loadouts.
Donte Panlin, the Pangolier brings some swashbuckling action to the game, which looks to disrupt enemy movements and place himself in the midst of chaos.
“Artfully guiding his blade between cracks in armor and shrugging off attacks with his protective scales, this graceful swordsman is always ready to roll into battle,” the official teaser reads.
The Dark Willow is another new character to try out, although Mireska Sunbreeze herself has a backstory of burning down houses.
“A slight flutter from the shadows may be all an enemy sees of Dark Willow, as she eludes pursuit and controls her foe's movements with cunning fae tricks.
“Calling upon powers far more ancient than any scholarly magic, she binds enemies in place before unleashing the full wrath and terror of the fae realm upon them.”
The other big changes in the latest Dota 2 update includes tweaks to the matchmaking rating system, as well as the introduction of a new Turbo Mode.
The Dueling Fates update is here https://t.co/u89UQ3GbwQ
— DOTA 2 (@DOTA2) October 30, 2017
More from Valve below:
In this update we've reworked how the matchmaking rating system works for both ranked and unranked players, changing to a six-month seasonal system. These regular seasons will ensure that MMR is both recent and accurate for all players, which will lead to better quality games for everyone.
During each season all players will earn a medal for their profile based on peak skill for that season. There are seven different medals, and within each medal there are five stars of progress to earn toward the next medal. Your current medal as well as your previous season’s medal will be displayed to all players before each match.
At the start of each season all players will recalibrate MMR, seeded by their previous season’s MMR. Your current historical preseason MMR value will be recorded and selectable in your profile, and ranked players will continue to be able to track their current seasonal MMR value.
To give everyone a chance to prepare, the first season will begin in two weeks.
GUIDE SYSTEM UPGRADE
Hero guides can now be viewed in the Learn tab, allowing players easy access to a wealth of communal Dota knowledge about item, ability, and talent builds for all 115 heroes. You can also drag, drop, and annotate to create or edit your own guides, and even publish them for other players to use. Each guide calls out its gameplay patch and which role it covers, so you'll never feel lost in battle again.
Dota 2 7.06: BIG new update arrives with full patch notes
Dota 2 Secret Shop arrives for The International 2017
Dota Turbo has been added to the search queue. This new game mode keeps the same rules as All Pick but shortens match time by granting more Gold & XP to heroes; making defensive towers weaker; and reducing respawn time. Turbo's relaxed rules and buy-anywhere shop system allow for casual, quick matches perfect for trying new heroes and strategies, or introducing friends to Dota in a more forgiving environment.
ABILITY DRAFT UPDATE
Ability Draft has been updated with a completely new draft interface. Plus, players can now swap the hotkey order of abilities and chat with their teammates during the draft. We've also added support for fifteen previously-unusable heroes, and fixed abnormal behavior with multiple others. Think you can build a godlike set of killer abilities? Queue up and find out.
ANCIENT APPARITION REMODEL
Kaldr is looking cooler than ever with the debut of a new Ancient Apparition hero model and ambient effects.
With new additions to ping functionality, players have more communication tools than ever before. Now you can use the ping wheel to convey your hero's movement objectives, call out ward spots, and give the classic attack/retreat commands. Pings will appear on both the map and mini-map, and will be accompanied by a location callout in team chat.
BLADEFORM LEGACY VOICE PACK
All owners of the Bladeform Legacy Arcana for Juggernaut will be granted a new voice pack for the hero that you can equip to replace Juggernaut's default voice with a special Arcana version. The Juggernaut now speaks with the power of an ancient lineage of revered warriors. Connected once again to the land of the living, these progenitors of the Isle of Masks shall not fall silent again.